Monday, November 26, 2007

Congratulations to me!

I got a job!! (Maybe two by tonight). Yay!! I'm waitress by day at IHOP. It's a pretty-busy good- sized restaurant. (My Dad says the service isn't very good, but that was BEFORE me!) So yeah. It should be a great experience.
I finally got new running shoes. After 4 months the search is over. I was kinda forced into the decision since I intentionally left my grungy holey 3 year old junky running shoes *that I loved* in the garbage in Ohio. So I'm going running today! Woohoo! It warmed up since the weekend which makes running conditions a bit more agreeable. This makes me very happy!
Hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving and good time with family.
This week I start my assignments for I-teams. I'm doing a country comparison report which should give me a better understanding of how Bolivia rates up next to US, neighboring and other latin countries. I'v attached a link to a song by Avalon called Orphans of God. It's a great song and keeps me in line as far as my perspective on going to Bolivia, and reassurance of God's calling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZFWR5gP9bo (Copy and paste the link into your browser to play the "video")

Have a fantastic day everybody.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear,
The family pic is so cute...you guys do the family pics well! Thank you for the reminder about your blog...what a cool page! I also love the song...I am a HUGE Avalon fan...and now when I hear the song I will think of you...I'm praying for you and am excited to read more updates.

Love ya,
Christy

Becky said...

Congrats on your new job!! I knew it wouldn't take you long!! I've been thinking about you a lot since you left. I hope you are enjoying your time in Texas. I know you mom must have been in heaven to everyone there for the first Texas Thanksgiving!! Thinking and praying for you every day!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I Hope I HOPS Hopefully will be a better place for service since you are there to cheer it up, Hows the fund raising going, say hello to eeryone, POPS LOL

Anonymous said...

Hello There Dear Girl:
Sitting here waiting to start Mighty Moppets and playing Orphans of God. You know me ... tissues at the ready! So glad to hear about your jobs. Your right, lucky IHOP. But better yet ... the worlds a better place because YOU are in it. (Personally I'm into Greg Long!)
LOL - Susie