Thursday, March 27, 2008

Big Big House

Dear Amigos,

The team arrived on Friday, well almost all of them. One guy will fly back home to recover from illness, and the guy who was taking care of him will come tomorrow. It’s been fun having a team around, we really like just having a full house (well I do, at least). They’ve just been a huge encouragement to us. Plus, everything gets done faster! They take turns cooking and cleaning up every night and we have never eaten better here at the Hacienda!! They’ve been in Peru already and spent a lot of time being sick. So hopefully this time around will be a better experience of South American food. (Un)fortunately (depends on who’s perspective you take) Vick just gave birth so she will not be cooking for all of us when we go out to the Chapare. We did get to see the baby last week. She had a beautiful baby girl which everyone was happy about. We basically just love kids anyways, so boy or girl is good news!

We got a dog here at the Hacienda. He just showed up one day. Not sure if he’s a stray or not, but he seems to like us. I’m happy! I always wanted a pet here at the house. He even knows tricks!! We haven’t named him yet so I’m open to suggestions…

We go out to the Chapare on Monday. I just might be there for 2 weeks. So I’ll be sure to post and update when I return.

Easter was a great day!! I went to my church for the service, the church doesn’t have a pastor at the present moment, so there was a guest speaker. Then we had lunch with all the IT Bolivia people. It was really yummy! And we had a birthday party for Matt (whose birthday is on Easter). Then I went and played volleyball with the New Tribes people who play every Sunday night, afterwards, the AIM team had a worship service here in the living room. It was beautiful. Beautiful day, and a beautiful time to remember that it’s in Christ alone that we have freedom.

So, hope you all are enjoying the day, and anticipating springs arrival!

Love you all lots!

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen,
I love the picture of the dog. It looks exactly like ours. Her name is Muffin just a thought, it could go both ways guy or girl.