Friday, May 9, 2008

Surgery, Autonomia, and Parties

Greetings Readers,
Well, it’s Friday now. I had my surgery exactly one week ago… but only one wisdom tooth was removed. They didn’t put me to sleep, they just numbed my mouth, but I could still feel everything. After only a few minutes of her cutting, I began to feel really woozy, I tried to tell the dentist that I was going to pass out but the numbing in my mouth made it nearly impossible to annunciate. Next thing I heard was the dentist and assistant calling my name. I woke up and had no idea where I was or what I was doing there in the dentist’s office. Oh how embarrassing!! I have a history of passing out relatively easily, just ask my mom! So as soon as I recovered I told her to keep going then almost passed out a second time. So as soon as I recovered the second time she hurried and got the tooth out and stitched me up and told me she’d do the rest another day after they sedated me. Yeah, I can’t even describe to you how embarrassed I was. On the bright side, recovery was much faster only having one done, though! I got my stitches out today and she said that it was a good recovery. Yay!
Last weekend there was an election in Santa Cruz for Autonomy, about which there was some concern for demonstrations, violence, and in worse case scenarios Civil War… But everything has actually been relatively peaceful. Soo that´s a huge praise!
We´ll have another team from North Park University arrive on Monday. We´ll also be getting FOUR new interns. All girls!! That will make 7 girls and one guy. Poor Adrian! Where are all the men?!
This weekend will mostly be in honor of Michelle. She´ll be leaving next Saturday and we´ll have a team then, so this weekend we´ll be getting together with folks and having parties and stuff like that to let her know how much we love her. So be praying for her as she heads back to the States. (That´s me and Michelle enjoying the Cristo´s view of the city).

Okie doke…have a fantastic week!!
Kristen

No comments: