Friday, May 15, 2009

a Million Pieces [kinda like confetti].


In two years over 400 boys have passed through the shelter where I work. I've worked there about a month and probably about 20 boys have already [come and] gone.

It makes me kinda sad to think about all of "my kids" all over the world. It's not like I'll see them again, or be able to stay in contact with them. *Just part of my job.

So I thought about how God puts different people in our lives, and although we HOPE to touch their lives, they always touch ours. I know God has put me here, and so for the good and... hard days I know that I want to try my very best to touch and be touched by them.

I hear a lot of funny things, have some hard conversations and see some incredible changes in these kids.

So my heart will be all over the world once these kids leave with it (not to mention all the people I've been touched by in Ohio, Bolivia, and Mexico too) but little pieces of them will stick with me forever too.

3 comments:

adrian said...

Nice photo! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your a gem, thank you for allowing Jesus to use you and trusting him. You are a strong warrior princess.


POPS

Bev. W. said...

Keep that good perspective! Love ya, babes! Bev.