Monday, June 21, 2010

All good things must come to an end

I'm back to Texas and back to work. I mostly just run around like a crazy person these days. I've been working crazy hours and am a little bummed out about it. The good news is that I can build my savings back up a little bit with all the overtime I will have. ;)

Bolivia was wonderful. It wasn't really as revealing as I anticipated. I kinda hoped to come back and have my future all figured out. Ah, but life isn't really like it now is it? Not for me at least. I have a few other things to think and pray about but I remain here in Texas with a lot to pray about and figure out.

I flew through Chicago and had an overnight layover there. Fortunately a bunch of former co-workers live there. WE had a little reunion and it was so nice to reminisce about memories from my year in Bolivia with my dear friends. They also enjoyed hearing stories and looking through pictures on my camera. :)
I got to Cleveland on Friday afternoon. Katie and Bizzy picked me up at the airport. I was sooo happy to see everyone! We had good family time but we were also so excited to see a bunch of friends too.
Jon graduated from University of Northwestern Ohio with a degree in Diesel Technology. He even graduated Cum Laude! I was so proud of him! I expected my mom to cry, but then I did--just a little bit! ;)
Katie and I went canoing with our aunt Debbie, cousin Bethany and Bethany's boyfriend Chris. We tipped--my fault--but it was super fun still! Aunt Debbie lost her flip flops, but other than that we came out all together (just wet!) Then we went to Amish country. For all the years we lived in Ohio and my grandparents who live in Amish country I've never actually been there to see things--besides one brief stop about 10 years ago or so. We visited a cheese factory. I LOVE cheese!
It was fun to reminisce and make new memories while in Ohio. It just felt so different, so familiar and comfortable. It's always nice to be with people who allow you (and make you feel free) to be yourself.

What I learned in Ohio:
How to make sushi and egg rolls
How to play hobo (hillbilly?) golf
How to get the water out of a tipped canoe

I've been to the airport NINE times in the last six weeks!!

No comments: