Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mid-semester update!

So we're one month away from spring break already and I'm finally writing an update!

This semester I'm studying classes ranging from the Life of Christ, Psalms, Prophets, Anthropology and Hermeneutics II. We've finally gotten into the New Testament and will finish up with Acts, Christology and I Corinthians. I cannot even believe how much I am learning. God provided through a few faithful individuals which allowed me to be able come back this semester and I feel very blessed and thankful to be here. My faith has taken on a whole new dimension and it reminds me how much I still don't know or understand.

I have started volunteering with AWANAs/Truth in Training. I've done one week in each so far! I also visit a spanish church here sometimes, and often am surprised at how much I miss speaking in Spanish all the time. But I did dream in Spanish the other night which was pretty exciting!

I continue to babysit for the two boys I watched last semester. It's a really fun job, I often am discouraged when I realize how much wisdom I lack in dealing with/teaching kids and what a big responsibility parenting really is. I often find myself asking, "what would Mom do in this situation?"!

I've made a few weekend trips.
Twice to Chicago to visit my cousin, former co-workers from Bolivia and other friends.
Weekend in Chicago after the huge blizzard!
Visit #1. You should recognize these people! (former co-workers from Bolivia). from L-R: Jen, Katie (on floor), me, Elsa, Matt, Nate & Kate.
Visit #2. Again with friends from Bolivia. They convinced me to try Chicago hot dogs. Let's just say that I'll still vote for pizza!! ;)
Trip to Lincoln Park zoo with my cousin.

Twice to Ohio to visit family and friends. We celebrated my grandpas 79th birthday--what a beautiful life and amazing influence he's had on all of us.
Bizzy & I made this red velvet cake from scratch! This was a definite improvement from our first attempt the night before! ;)

And I went snowmobiling for the first time with my friend Bethany (also a former co-worker from Bolivia). It was super fun, we have no photos of the actual adventure, but here we are ready to brave the snow and COLD!
Looking forward to seeing the rest of my family for the last half of spring break! Oh how I miss them!

And now I'm ready for spring. The snow's begun to melt and I've enjoyed a few sunny afternoon runs around the neighborhood the anticipation mounts with each new day. I think after the winter I will appreciate the spring/summer/fall all the more!! :)
Carpe Diem!!!

No comments: