Tuesday, January 29, 2008

stop and smell the roses...

On Sunday my pastor was talking about Joy and how we have joy when we count our blessings and remember how faithful God has been to us. So I thought I would take a few minutes to count my blessings so you can also rejoice in God's faithfulness...and just maybe you will take a few minutes to count your blessings too.
1. I arrived at training!! It was a crazy trip coming but God worked everything out and I am learning a lot and am so encouraged just being here! Sooo good.
2. AND I got to go running today. It was unusually warm for Illinois and January. And I ran under this cool bridge to a marsh. It was so beautiful and I was thanking God almost the whole way for giving me the ability to run, and just how He uses that for me to clear my head and spend a little extra time with Him.
3. Mi Familia!! I had the awesome opportunity to go back and live with my family for the last two months of my time in the USA and it was really great. I learned a LOT about me and got a more realistic picture of my heart and attitude which often needs adjusting. But God used that time as a great way for me to appreciate my family more and hopefully express to them how much I love them...'cuz you just never know when your last chance to do that will be.
4. My Christian Family. Never have I been so blessed, humbled, encouraged, and amazed by my Christian brothers and sisters. There is a handful of people that has been incredibly supportive and encouraging of this adventure and it's so humbling to know that people are praying for me every day...but I know they are.

Okay...there's probable about a million other things that I could list...but I guess that's enough for now.

I leave FRIDAY for Bolivia. Pray that travels go well!!

Keep it real, ya'll.
Kristen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said ya'll. See I told you Texas is the best. You were only here 2 months and you can not help speaking Texan. yupyup.

Kristen said...

I also said 'cuz...Hmmm...!