Thursday, April 17, 2008

Another bunch of goodbyes

04-15-08
Today was the day the World Racers left. It was three of the best weeks ever!! It was incredibly encouraging to spend all day every day with a group of kids who are totally on fire for God. I felt so loved and accepted by each of them and immensely enjoyed their company, comic relief and conversations—I feel like I learned a whole lot more about leadership, interpersonal skills and saw some different perspectives of relating to God that helped me to learn more about what I believe and why and how I show that to others. I’ll link their blog to my page so you can see what they’re all about. That´s almost the whole team on the day we climbed the mountain.
One of the last big events with the AIM World Racers was a toe surgery in the living room of the Hacienda! I was surprised by the amount of people who chose to watch, and maybe even more so by the fact that Matt allowed them to watch. Our good friend Jorge is a doctor here in Coch. He attends the Cochabamba International Church where my roommates and the Timmers go, I met Jorge through the Young Professionals group that we interns attend. He was on call to us basically the whole time the team was here. I think he probably treated like 5 or 6 of the World Racers. He’s a great guy, a prayer warrior and a doctor with a heart for the poor of Bolivia. What an example to us all!
We went to Villa Israel in the afternoon with our NEW INTERN!!! Adrian is his name, he’s from Tasmania, Australia. He got here yesterday and he’ll be here through the middle of August. So be praying for him as he adjusts to life here in Bolivia. We all (especially Justin) are excited to have him here.
Saturday was Day of the Child here in Bolivia. We split into 2 groups and went to each of the orphanages in the morning. We played games with the kids, had snacks and “entertainment” (Two of the World Race guys did a “Magic Show”. Then in the afternoon we went to baby washing which was cancelled due to the health issues with Mickey (the guy who leads baby washing). So we played games with the kiddos.
Sunday I went to my church which had a special service for Día del Niño. In the afternoon I went to a futbol (soccer) game with some guys from the World Race Team. It was very entertaining. Cochabamba played against Santa Cruz. They tied two to two.
We have another small team coming on Saturday from New Hampshire, I think.
Chao.
Kristen
P.S. Check out my FOTO blog as I am going to try to put up a LOT of pictures today. :)

No comments: