Friday, April 25, 2008

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company...


Greetings!

Today is April 25, 2008. The Bedford (New Hampshire) team is leaving tonight, though it feels like they just got here! They have been a tremendous blessing. It’s so interesting the change in dynamic from team to team. We especially enjoyed being spoiled by this team though. They were so welcoming and accepting of us. I got a lot of good advice from them on relationships, encouragement in the work I’m doing here, and felt as though I was the one who received the biggest blessing. But I know everyone here was encouraged by this amazing team as well. We’ve gotten to do a lot of cool things this week. We did some maintenance on the two orphanages, spent a lot of time playing with the kiddos, went to the malnutrition center…which was amazing! We got to see what the Patiño foundation does here for the malnourished kids and help to feed them and play with them. We also did a bread run in Sipe Sipe…well the panaderia was out of bread so I guess it was more of a “Banana Run”, we took fruit, cereal, milk and candy.

We also got to participate in the Team times of praise and worship and they even let me play their guitar!!

These next two weeks we’ll be settling into “routine”…whatever that is! My two roomies are getting closer to their departure dates, which none of us like to think about-but it’s a reality that we must face. Justin left on Sunday. So now it’s just Adrian and the girls. There will be a few more interns coming next month.

Yesterday was my Dad’s birthday and I’ve been thinking a lot lately how much a father can influence the lives of his children…maybe especially his daughters. So, for all of you dads out there please don’t ever forget that you have a powerful God-ordained role to influence, encourage and challenge your kids. So do it!

Well, I guess that’s it for now.

The Lord bless and keep you,

Kristen

No comments: