Tuesday, August 10, 2010

moving right along

So this info isn't confidential, I just haven't gotten around to writing an update. Brace yourselves:

I'm moving...to Michigan...for Bible School...this Sunday!!
My last day of work is this Thursday and I am so grateful for the lessons learned there. I've learned a lot, grown a lot and enjoyed it-even though there were bad days too! We've settled into a normalcy of sorts. I think with good limits. We have fun together and I learn a lot from them. I've really enjoyed watching them learn and grow.
We've been having lots of fun as a family. (All of my siblings live here, minus my sister Bizzy who lives in Ohio.) We got a pool pass and have been out having fun at a friends house with a four wheeler and dad's dirtbike. I joked that I'll be a better missionary someday for being able to drive a dirtbike!! (They use them a lot overseas).
I just celebrated my 25th birthday. So needless to say I feel a little funny starting all over again at school, but God's faithful and sometimes He tells us to do things that don't seem to make sense.
Here's the plan:
Lord willing, I'll leave Seguin, Texas on Sunday night (Yes...this Sunday). My sisters Katie, Bek and Jen will ride up to Ohio with me. we'll be in Ohio a few days then they will fly back to Texas and I will drive up to Michigan move in, get orientated and start school the 23rd of August.
I'll be attending New Tribes Bible Institute (http://ntbi.org/). I actually visited this school many years ago (2004?), and at that time it didn't work out to go there. It's in Jackson Michigan and I know NO ONE who goes there, but I do know a lot of really neat missionaries (overseas and stateside) who went there.
Leaving is bittersweet. I guess I was starting to settle in here! It's never easy to leave family. And MICHIGAN...?! Haha! I would have to go to the rival state! ;) I feel a peace though that this is what God wants for me right now. It is so easy for me to make up excuses as to why I can't go, why I should do something else, or why maybe I should wait...but I know that God's been calling me to do something else, and I've known for a long time that missions was something that I felt especially drawn to. So I think I need to be preparing myself to follow Him and serve Him in a fuller capacity that I'm currently prepared for. So I'm going to go study the Bible, hopefully find some good friends on a similiar journey, and follow God to the end of the earth should He call me there...
You can continue to follow my blog, or facebook and I will try to keep you updated as I settle in. I'm also hoping to continue plans to take a team to Bolivia over Christmas break. Let me know if you're interested!!
Thanks for your prayers, support and encouragement.
Bendiciones--
Kristen

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

Jim would agree with your feelings about Michigan, but I must say that I have YET to meet a single person from Michigan that I do not love. I hope you are loving it there!

I'll be praying for the upcoming mission trip though it surprises me that you got better ticket prices over the holidays. Wow. That's great.

Love the mittens. Maybe I'll get some for Hannah who is moving to Colorado.