Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Last days in the USA...for now!

And they included:
A roadtrip with stops in North Carolina to meet cousins and Georgia to meet my cousin's baby.
 
Welcoming Bekah back to the USA!
A wedding for another cousin, also in Georgia.

Relaxing with friends...also in Georgia.

Visiting family in Houston.
Meeting my newest (TINY) foster-nephew.
Celebrating Independence Day with my family and friends.
Tubing down the Comal river with siblings, friends and my oldest niece-it's so fun that she's old enough to go do stuff with us now-and enjoy it!
Celebrating Grandma's birthday, and Her & Grandpa's anniversary. Sweet examples of unconditional love.
Reunion with college friends!

Visiting my friends from work-they've changed me forever!
Lots of eating, running, sleeping, packing, laughing, playing, crying, etc.  I'm so thankful to all of you who have chosen to be a part of this journey with me--and have allowed me to be a part of your journeys with God, your families, and careers too.  It's quite a ride, and I can't imagine doing what I do, without the joy, peace and hope that God gives so generously.

In case you wonder what's next:
I will fly to Bolivia tomorrow.  I will do paperwork for my one year visa which will take a couple of weeks, and a few hundred bolivianos.  Then I will go with a team of about 6 or so people to Potosi.  There we will have a kids camp--sort of like intense VBS.  Then when I get back to the city hopefully my visa stuff will be almost done and I will head to ETNOS in Santa Cruz where I will jump back into classes for literacy, teaching, medical training, translation, learning language and culture, rugged living skills, etc.  Other than that, I'm starting from scratch.  I know that the facilities are a little more rugged than in Missouri, and I know I will have some chores to keep up the grounds, and will find some friends and a church there (*soon, I hope!).

The hardest thing is saying goodbye-because even as confident as I am that I am going where God is leading me, I will MISS people here like crazy, especially my familia, friends who have become like family, and the little ones who hopefully will not forget me while I'm gone.
 This is my second niece.  She and her sister's said they won't grow up while I'm gone.  The oldest suggested putting something really heavy on her head-to which they all agreed! ;)






.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Praying for you, Kristen! Love you lots :)

Katie Polcyn said...

So sweet!! Praying for peace and grace as you embark on your new journey. Dios ha sido fiel y por Siempre lo sera.
Love you sister!