Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Where I'm at in 2018

Well it's been a really long time since I've updated this, so I should let you know what life looks like for me now-a-days. Since I moved to Cochabamba a lot of things have changed so here I'll answer some questions you might have.

Where do you live:
Since July of last year I have lived in the city of Cochabamba. I house-sat for two months for a friend and decided that it was time to move to the city. So as I was looking for a place in the same neighborhood, one night while walking home I saw a sign on a gate for an apartment for rent, only 1/2 block from where I was staying. It all worked out beautifully and I moved in September. It's a small, modest apartment but just right for me. I also have a pet rabbit named Lolo.

Where do you work:
My primary responsibility these days is as the director of the ESL program at Ciudad de Refugio (CdR). CdR is cafe a few blocks from the local university. We hope to provide a safe place for college students where if need be they can also find help and guidance for their lives. We offer games, inexpensive food, English classes, activities (concerts),  opportunities to volunteer in the community and counseling.  I schedule, enroll, teach, and oversee classes. We currently have four interns for the summer.  I also spend some time co-leading a Bible study for young ladies and when I can, helping at a Saturday Kids Club.


What about community there? 
I attend the Cochabamba International Church and with a few couples who live in the neighborhood we have a weekly Bible Study.
I also am engaged to a young man from here named Joel. We will be married next month.  He loves the Lord and helps me grow in my relationship with Him as well.

No comments: