Monday, December 24, 2007

Feliz Navidad, Y'all!!

Today is Christmas Eve. Though, it still doesn't really feel like it. I worked today at TSC, like my favorite job ever!! Rachel arrived this afternoon she drove here with only a few stops and delays along the way.
Yesterday my Dad's brother and sister and their families came over to celebrate the holiday. I think I've said it before but it is SOOO nice to have family around. While, I'll miss the rest of the family who we always celebrated Christmas with growing up, it was nice to see some other family that we didn't see as much before we moved here.
As I was sitting in church tonight listening to some great Christmas music on the Cello, I was reflecting on the meaning of the season, and I felt kind of sad, first to think that Christmas has almost passed me by without me really thinking about it, but second that sometimes I spend more time doing "Christmassy" things, without really remembering why we as Christians really celebrate this holiday. then I was thinking about how last year my little niece Sadie was born right before Christmas, and I remember feeling like I maybe understood even less how God could've let His little boy come here, yet because of His great love He send his own precious, perfect little boy as a vulnerable baby to grow up in this crazy world just to save us crazy people. And Mary....Mary knowing she was going to give birth to Jesus, but all along quite possibly thinking that He would grow up to be more of a King... Not a man who was rejected, mocked and ultimately killed by those He came to redeem. Just another example of how God works in mysterious ways.
So yeah, that's my non-theologically-trained understanding of Christmas...for now.
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: